Reblogged from my new blog- http://www.iamlegendarby.wordpress.com
(this is also written at http://www.iamlegendarby.wordpress.com)
Disclaimer: This is a narcissistic post.
The mind of a right brained person is like a climate shift of cosmic proportions. What a metaphor! Sometimes I do write none-sense just for the sake of it. The right brain. The beautiful right brain. That part of the brain where visions, dreams and colors come to life. Art is formed. Reality is becoming relative. And that is absolute.
What did I just say?
I don’t know but I am in love with my right brain because my left brain betrayed me years ago (and to talk about that requires major analysis, another weakness of my left brain). And maybe the desire to actually make a blog or a site came from the supernova that popped inside my brain. And recently, this burst of creativity left me sleepless for days. Art was suddenly infused in my bloodstreams, just like the abundance of acid which is slowly destroying my innermost organs. Am i going to make Youtube videos? Am I going to write poetry? Am I going to take professionally-looking pictures and flaunt them everywhere? I don’t really know what to do, but I want to do them all with equal amounts of focus without losing my minimalist principles (how ambitious)! I don’t want to be a ‘jack of all trades,master of none.” I want to be a Renaissance man, if that is even possible. This is my short term vision.
It’s already 10:30pm–my planned sleeping time for tonight and probably my earliest for this month. Then wake me up if I can’t wake on my own. Art is suffocating. Art is a ‘beautiful nightmare.’
I have all the right to write this post because of my roller coaster relationship with Facebook. What I am using now is my 4th FB account. In the span of 4 years, I have activated and reactivated my FB account because of the following reasons:
1. Breakup with a girlfriend.
2. Too much noise
3. Had a great word war with my frenemies, which I regret now.
4. I have the tendency to become jealous and envious
I know you have felt at least one or more of the aforementioned reasons.
Anyway, the longest “fasting” I had with FB is 8 months..the night before my birthday til… (you count, I hate math). Those were the best days of my life, to be honest. The reason? Maybe I really need serenity and peace in my life.
But it would be too immature for me, a full blown adult, to permanently deactivate FB just for the reason of loath against someone who has traveled the world without spending anything or for a C student friend who collects 4×4 jeeps, not the matchbox but the real thing.
I am a matured person. I can take the heat.
But I have to agree with my alter ego that FB has its own good, bad and ugly.
1. Family connection. Yes, relatives are a bit cheesy. Sometimes they’re too gossipy. But most of the time, they love you no matter what. They will stab you behind your back. But family will always be family.
2. Professional connection. Post something and opportunities will be appearing all over the place.
3. A creator’s hub. Yes, create something and post responsibly.
1. It could be a waste of time. It is fucking addictive.
2. Your friends who use FB as their twitter account. “I DONT CARE WHAT YOU ATE FOR BREAKFAST! OPEN A BLOODY TWITTER ACCOUNT AND WRITE YOUR USELESS RANTS THERE!”
When I opened my FB after 8 months, it’s already the planet Jupiter for me. People speak alien. They even look like aliens with all the selfies, duck faces and weird OOTDs. (That monopod is alien, no doubt)
That culture sucks. It is also beautiful.
At the end of the day, theres no problem with Facebook. The problem is us.
Day 4 of 7
Believe it or not, ATMs in the Philippines often ask if you want the instructions to be English or Taglish. What the hell is TAGLISH? Obviously, its mixing Filipino Words with English Words. For some cultures, this is actually disrespect to their native tongue. I do understand why. But for Filipinos, it is very normal. Here’s a test for non-Filipinos. Below is a statement I wrote for my Facebook Status. Can you understand what I just said? If yes, please leave a comment below.
Day 2 of 7
First Day of College
Holy Angel University
“Anong ginagawa ko sa eskwelahang ito? Dapat nasa UP ako. Biology dapat course ko, hindi Business Management. Bakit kasi di ako pinayagan? Bakit kasi only child ako at sobrang protective nina mama? UP dapat ako, hindi dito. Sira ang record ko na iskolar mula elementarya hanggang high school!”
9 years after, kanina, habang napadaan sa HAU.
First Day of College, 2014.
“Bute na lang nag HAU ako. May mga taong dapat akong makilala. May mga experiences na dapat pagdaanan. May mga kalokohang dapat gawin. Namiss ko ang K116. Namiss ko ang HR class. Namiss kong kumopya sa mga accounting subjects ko (lahat ng management students, ayaw ang accounting). Namiss ko ang Theatre Guild. 2 months from now, Agosto na, pasukan na sa UP Diliman for my masters. Salamat sa Diyos at pinatikim niya sa akin paano maging isang Angelite bago maging Isko. Kinakabahan ako baka di ko matapos ang kurso (eh masyado kasi akong ambisyoso e), pero alam ko, may Holy Angel University akong babalikan.”
Ok. This was supposed to be an organized blog post but after hearing the news that my aunt has Stage 4 Cancer, I think randomness is what I need the most. Allow me to be random.
So yeah, my aunt was diagnosed with cancer. That’s just the thing in my mind right now. I just want to punch the wall.
Fuck you cancer.
Day 1 of 7.
Ok. 2 weeks ago, I have decided to become a Youtuber. It’s not an easy decision because my life is partly a close book. I am the reserved one in the group. I will never be that crazy guy. I don’t even have a Facebook account. But passion has its own breath…its own life. You can never deprive yourself on the life that you must take.
But putting that passion on Youtube is hard work. It really is especially if you are from the Philippines. As far as I’m concerned, we only have few popular Youtubers like JamichTV (500K Subscribers), Mikey Bustos (130K Subscribers), Petra Mahalimuyak (108K Subscribers, who is inactive for 6 months now and decided to become a mainstream star) and LloydCafeCadena (180k Subscribers). Let us take Jamich for example. They are very popular in the country but they only have 500K subscribers, which is only a drop of PewdiePie’s number of Subscribers (27 Million). Ironically, Pewdiepie is not well known in the country. Some of the Filipino Youtubers gained subscribers only after they were featured on mainstream media.
Why is it hard to be a youtuber in the Philippines?
1. Philippines will always be a Twitter and a Facebook nation. Play a Big Brother episode and it will trend worldwide. How is that even possible for that certain hashtag to reach worldwide trend? Not all Filipinos watch Big Brother. Unbelievable.
2. Internet connection is not that good in the Philippines. A typical Filipino would rather look at pictures than play a youtube clip. If it buffers, he will just get pissed and throw his phone somewhere.
3. If you are doing some monologues and improvs, a typical Filipino will appreciate if you look really really funny. The Filipino humor will never be that smart and deep. They will take sarcasms as they are. They may laugh only if provoked by the laugh of another person. Most will not appreciate the humor of O2L guys, iisuperwomanii, and even PewdiePie. They will just raise their eyebrow.
So, making a name on youtube is nearly impossible. But I don’t give a fucking damn. I will not stop making videos. Boo ya!
Today is Wednesday Cover! Tonight’s song is GO THE DISTANCE from the movie Hercules (not the Michael Bolton version). My apologies for the long instrumental part.