Fun runs are everywhere….Seriously. One fun run this weekend. Another in the next. It makes me think if running is already overrated. Hipsters who used to love running will say “Screw running! It’s already a mainstream”. Everybody is joining funruns. People are bragging about their accomplished distance. There is also an influx of Instagram posts before, during and after the run. Hashtag we made it. Hashtag Fun. Hashtag Run. Hashtag Foot Sore. Hashtag cramps. (Guilty as charged)
Given these irritating facts about funruns, I have to admit that I still love them. I still believe that they are the solution for any lazyheads like me to get up and to get going.
But some funruns can be a pain in the pocket especially if you are making a hobby out of it. So my friends and I have decided to crash a run. It is very possible because you usually run at Public Highways. Of course this is not applicable if you are collecting singlets and Finisher’s medal.
Here are some tips/rules on how to crash a run:
1. Go with your friends who are already registered. Never leave them. Never leave their sight. If you don’t have your friends with you, roam around the area. For sure you know someone from school, from church or from your office. As I’ve said earlier, everybody is joining fun runs
2. Wear a closed jacket to conceal your shirt since you are not wearing an official singlet. If it is not cold, pretend it is. Can you identify the crashers in the picture below?
3. Speak in English with a British Accent or Tag-lish, People, especially the organizers won’t recognize how poor and desperate you are to even think that you can crash a run.
4. Run with Dignity (hahaha seriously?)
5. If you can’t do #4 , run as if you are a fugitive from the law or as if you are running away from zombies.
6. Enjoy and don’t mind other people. As I’ve said, it’s a public highway.